We know that many people choose The Woodlands because it is a small Home, which contributes to our residents feeling that they are part of an extended family. Many come to us on personal recommendation, which makes us very proud.
What do we offer?
- The Woodlands has fourteen private rooms on two floors, connected by a passenger lift;
- All the rooms are normally occupied individually but two have ample space for a couple if so desired;
- Six of the fourteen rooms are en-suite;
- Additionally, there is a traditional bathroom fully equipped with a hoist, and a wet room for easily accessible showering;
- All rooms are fully furnished but residents are encouraged, if they so wish, to bring some of their own furniture and personal items;
- There are television points in each room and while a resident often prefers to bring his or her own set, we happily provide a television if needed.
- There is Wi-Fi access for those who like to surf the web, browse online, send emails or Skype/Face-Time, and help for those who want to learn how.
- A rolling programme of redecoration and refurbishment ensures a fresh, light and attractive environment throughout the Home;
- There are delightful gardens to the front and rear of The Woodlands, well maintained by our visiting gardeners;
- A bright communal lounge and the pleasant dining room overlook the large front garden which is surrounded by flower borders;
- Residents enjoy a varied menu of appetising and home-cooked food, and there are regular deliveries of fresh produce;
- The Woodlands’ hens, who are great favourites with the residents and provide us with fresh eggs, have their run in an area of the rear garden;
- We have a minibus, specially adapted for residents at The Woodlands, with a tail ramp to accommodate wheelchairs;
- A wide range of activities and entertainment is available, both within the Home and at external venues, and trips out in The Woodlands’ minibus are a regular feature of each week;
- There are weekly visits by a physiotherapist, hairdresser and manicurist; visits to The Woodlands by dentists, opticians, podiatrists and other professionals are arranged on request;
- Family and friends are very welcome (indeed encouraged) to drop in at any time. The kettle is always on!