The monthly fees that we charge for care include the costs of all of the leisure activities that we offer the residents. No additional charges are sought.
What activities do we offer?
- Residents are encouraged and assisted to maintain their hobbies and develop new ones.
- There is Wi-Fi access for those who like to surf the web, browse online, send emails or Skype/Face-Time, and help for those who want to learn how.
- There are weekly keep fit/exercise sessions, bingo and other table games, and musical concerts, involving solo performers and choirs, both at The Woodlands and at external venues.
- Each Monday we enjoy bacon butties and good company at St Hildeburgh’s Church and on Thursdays, lunch and entertainment at St. John’s.
- Our Activities Coordinator, Jane Arnott, organises additional weekly trips out in The Woodlands’ minibus, such as to a pub for lunch, a cafe for morning coffee or afternoon tea, and to nearby garden centres and other local attractions.
- We also travel further afield, for example to the Christmas Market in Grassington, Yorkshire, and the Blackpool Illuminations, and residents always look forward to our annual day out on a narrow boat.
- We love an excuse for a celebration so seasonal festivities such as Easter, Hallowee’en and Christmas are embraced and residents’ birthdays are special occasions, marked with a cake and flowers.
There are no additional charges for any activity, trip, outing or celebration.
Of course, there is no obligation to join in. Residents may prefer sometimes to relax in their rooms or there are pleasant spots in the house and in the garden where one can enjoy a good book, listen to the radio or just sit in the sun with a cup of tea.